Nassau County encompasses a total area of more than 450 square miles, of which approximately 37% is water. In 2020, the official population of the county was almost 1.4 million. When the owners or managers of commercial properties in Nassau County need pavement-related services, they often request assistance from Royal Pavement Solutions. We offer an extensive range of services, including asphalt paving, parking lot striping, asphalt milling, site work, asphalt repair, concrete flatwork, asphalt crack sealing, sweeping and portering, asphalt sealcoating, and building maintenance.
What Is Nassau County’s History?
Like most areas near New York City, Nassau County’s history began long before the American Revolution. Native American tribes, including the Sacatogue, Matinecoc, and Marsapeque, occupied the area at the time of the arrival of the first Europeans. By 1700, European colonists had purchased virtually all of Long Island from the indigenous tribes. The Dutch became the predominant settlers on western Long Island, while the eastern portion was occupied by English settlers from Connecticut. The boundary dividing the groups until 1664 was approximately where the current border between Suffolk and Nassau counties lies. The English absorbed all of Long Island in 1664, making it part of the Shire of York, or Yorkshire, within the Province of New York. Yorkshire was dissolved in 1683, and the counties of Suffolk and Queens were established. The area that is now Nassau County was then part of Queens County, and it would remain so until the formation of Nassau County in 1899.
Long Island’s population was divided over the issue of independence. Evidence of this division is the formation of the Town of North Hempstead by patriots, leaving loyalists in control of Hempstead. A new courthouse for Queens County was built in North Hempstead, which was near Clowesville. Clowesville would be renamed Mineola, and Mineola is the current seat of Nassau County.
Nassau County experienced many changes during the 20th century. During the early 1900s, several wealthy New Yorkers, including William Vanderbilt and Theodore Roosevelt, transformed many hilly farmlands into country estates. Since Nassau County had a great deal of flat land, it was also the site of aviation activity. For example, Charles Lindbergh departed on his famous flight to Paris in 1917 from Roosevelt Field, and military aviators trained at installations during World War I and World War II. After World War II, the population grew rapidly from New Yorkers seeking a suburban lifestyle.
What Services Does Royal Pavement Solutions Offer in Nassau County?
We offer the services that all types of businesses need to install, repair, or maintain their pavements.
- Asphalt Milling, Nassau County New York – Whether you need to install an asphalt overlay or correct minor issues, a milling machine can be a fast, precise, and economical way to remove existing asphalt layers.
- Asphalt Paving, Nassau County New York – From new construction to asphalt overlays, the process of asphalt paving is both fast and economical.
- Asphalt Repair, Nassau County New York – Potholes, certain pavement distresses, and alligator cracking can often be repaired with an asphalt patch.
- Asphalt Sealcoating, Nassau County New York – Sealcoating is the most cost-effective way to help prevent damage to an asphalt pavement.
- Asphalt Crack Sealing, Nassau County New York – Crack sealing is an essential service to prevent water from leaking through the openings and damaging the foundation.
- Concrete Flatwork, Nassau County New York – We have the ability to install everything from ADA-compliant concrete ramps and sidewalks to concrete parking lots and dumpster pads.
- Parking Lot Striping, Nassau County New York – Professional striping enhances your parking lot’s visual appeal, makes it safer, and helps you comply with the ADA.
- Building Maintenance, Nassau County New York – Whether you need traffic signs, power washing, bollards, wheel stops, or speed bumps, our building maintenance experts can assist you.
- Site Work, Nassau County New York – Regardless of whether you are building on raw land or land that has been previously developed, you will need certain site work services. These can include site clearing, excavations, and grading.
- Sweeping and Portering, Nassau County New York – Regular street or parking lot sweeping can remove unsightly debris that could also inflict pavement damage. Portering makes it possible to handle tasks that a sweeper operator could not easily complete, including the removal of cobwebs from beneath overhangs, removing trash from landscaped areas, or emptying outdoor trash containers.
Royal Pavement serves the Nassau County area. Our services include asphalt paving, asphalt milling, asphalt repair, sealcoating, asphalt crack sealing, parking lot striping, concrete flatwork, site work, sweeping and portering, and building maintenance services. We are a well-respected company serving all of Long Island with superior work and exemplary attention. For a free quote, call 844-777-7924, submit our request form online, or email [email protected].